Turmeric tea recipe
How to make turmeric tea yourself. To prepare turmeric tea fresh at home you can either use ready-made turmeric powder or buy the turmeric root and grind it yourself.
It is difficult to say which is the better option or which is healthier and provides more bio available curcumin. In the end it probably depends on what you enjoy more.
To make turmeric tea, only the following simple steps are necessary:
- Boil water (example for 4 cups)
- add 2 teaspoons turmeric powder (purchased or ground)
- Allow standing for approx. 10 minutes
- Strain tea and leave to cool for 5 minutes
Recipe for turmeric tea (golden milk)
Golden milk is one of the most famous recipes for turmeric tea. Cinnamon, pepper, ginger and honey make the drink even healthier than pure turmeric tea and harmonize perfectly. And the best thing is: The preparation takes less than 5 minutes!
Ingredients for golden milk:
- 500ml milk (also e.g. almond milk is ok)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of pepper
- A small piece of ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- Optional: 1 tsp honey
Place all ingredients in a blender until the desired fineness is achieved. Warm-up and consume directly.
Is turmeric a natural blood thinner?
To learn more, hit the next page button below, now!