Over 90 percent of the people raised on a modern European or American diet have consumed food that lacks the essential nutrients, meat treated with antibiotics, refined sugar, refined salt, refined grain, foods sprayed with pesticides, etc.
Hence, toxic quotient of the food can be overwhelming and this results in reduced immunity and lower energy. When you start eating the raw and organic superfoods, a kind of transformation takes place inside your body as it gets cleansed from the inside. Thus, including superfoods in your diet can purge out the toxins from your body and initiate the detoxification process.
Less sugar and salt?
An average person consumes food that contains high amounts of sugar, salt and fat, and this impacts the immune system inside the body, regulates moods, and slows down the digestive system.
There are many super foods that naturally support the ability of the body to purge out the impurities and cleanse it. They help to strengthen the immune system and maintain a healthy digestive system.
How to define detox
Organic green vegetables: Leafy green and organic vegetables are the best form of detox-superfoods, and these include watercress, cabbage, kale, and swiss chard to name a few. Green vegetables are rich in nutrients and they contain high amounts of Vitamins A and K.
They are also a rich source of antioxidants that help protect against heart disease and cancer. Chlorophyll, which imparts green color to these foods also aid in detoxification by purging out toxins and chemicals from the body.
Flax seeds: These super foods are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which is normally present in fish and fish oil. They are a nice alternative to fish, especially for the vegans. These are essential fatty acids that are useful for skin growth and repair. Flax seeds also contain high amounts of iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and vitamin E. They aid in colon cleansing and easing constipation problems.
Green tea: This is another healthy alternative to caffeine and it aids in detoxification, by providing energy boost and rejuvenating your mind. It is a rich source of antioxidants that reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer. Antioxidants also aid in cleansing liver and boosting the immune system.
Works Like Magic For Weight Loss
If you have been sweating it out in gym but with no results then here’s a healthier and easier alternative to lose weight and stay slim. No skipping breakfasts or living on liquid food! You can choose to include more superfoods in your diet to spring back to shape and look like a diva.
“You are what you eat” and hence you eat healthy foods, you will not need to count on calories or curb your appetite. So, instead of filling up with low-calorie processed snacks, we would suggest that you opt for superfood to achieve your weight loss goals.
Six important super foods dor weightloss
Here are six important super foods that will help you with weight loss:
• Grapefruit reduces the sugar levels inside the body so that whatever you eat is used up for energy and not deposited as fat. It also contains high amounts of fiber, potassium, and vitamin C.
• Nuts are high in calories, but the roasted and raw nuts contain fiber protein, and several vitamins and minerals that can be used as a great afternoon snack, thus reducing your overall fat and calorie intake.
• Leafy Greens like kale, spinach, collard, broccoli and swiss chard contain high amounts of fiber and antioxidants like vitamins A, B9, and C so you can eat them to reduce your calorie intake.
• Plain yoghurt can stave off your hunger pangs while keeping the blood sugar levels steady. It aids in weight loss so substitute your mayonnaise or butter with plain curd instead.
• Orange vegetables such as sweet potatoes, pumpkin, squash, and carrots also help in nourishing your body and keeping your feeling fuller for long. They are rich in vitamin A, potassium, carotenoids, and fiber.
• Carotenoids help in regulating the blood sugar levels inside the body, and thus support weight loss. Carrots and sweet potato wedges made in olive oil can be great for your waist line.